So what do we do?
We like all sorts here in the Alpine Club so whether you’re aiming to conquer Everest by the time you’re 30 or you’d just like to go for a gentle wander in the forest there’s a place for you here. We’re going to the Lake District, North Wales, Scotland and Yorkshire this year for some climbing, walking, scrambling or any other outdoors fun we’ll probably get up to it at some point!
We have many experienced members who are always willing to help you pick up new skills on the mountainside whether it’s your rope work you want to work on, map-reading, or you want to learn how to cook chocolate brownies for 30 🙂
What do I need to bring?
Have a look at our guide to BLAC to see our suggested kit list,.
Mainly though you need something waterproof to wear, suitable mountain shoes (i.e. boots not running trainers), and a sleeping bag. Not got something but want to come? Just ask, we have lots of spares either the clubs or someone in the club can probably lend you something 🙂
- All trips incude food, travel, accommodation and use of club equipment.
- Safety is the top priority, check out how to be safe guide.
- Normal weekend trips cost £40
- We leave on Friday evening around 5.30pm and return on Sunday evening for most trips
- We mostly travel by minibus or people carriers – and we’re always on the look out for new drivers if you fancy it!
- We stay in warm mountain huts often with an open fire going and lots of tea (think stone cottages, not dusty shacks)
- We are nice 🙂